Contest starts July 23, 2012. All contestants are to submit a photo of their family and why they should be chosen as a Finalist for this contest. 10 finalists will be chosen by an unbiased party with no access to the names of the families and will be posted on the Geoff Bernstein Photography Facebook fan page on August 1, 2012. The family with the most likes on the Geoff Bernstein Photography Facebook fan page at the end of the contest (August 15, 2012) will win a 2 hour family portrait session by Geoff Bernstein Photography and a CD with images.
Photography by Geoff Bernstein Photography
To enter the contest, you must agree to these Official Rules. Therefore, please read the following rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree to said terms. By signing this agreement that submission of an entry in the contest constitutes agreement to these rules. You may not submit an entry to the contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in the official rules. These official rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the contest sponsors with respect to the contest.
Entry submissions begin July 23, 2012. Photos, details and stories are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
On-line Facebook posting and voting will take place from August 1, 2012 to August 15, 2012 at 5:00pm (EST). After which time the winner will be announced.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible all contestants must be 18 years of age and within the contest radius
How to Enter
1. No purchase necessary to enter or to win. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
2. Qualified contestants must submit a picture of their families along with why they should be chosen as a Finalist for this contest.
3. All entries must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line 2012 Family Photo Contest. Each entrant agrees not to submit any picture that infringes any third party proprietary rights, or copyright applicable to U.S. law.
4. Geoff Bernstein Photography is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected email; errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
5. All entries received that do not follow the instructions of these rules, are illegible and will be void.
6. If entries received that are for family session outside of the radius map are void.
Any false information provided within the context of the contest by any participant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, E-mail address, wedding details, cheating, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the contest. The contest sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates U.S. or applicable state or local law.
1. All Finalists will be published on Geoff Bernstein Photography Facebook fan page on August 1, 2012 along with each finalist’s name and photo. All decisions made by Geoff Bernstein Photography are final and binding.
2. The winner will be the family who can get the most “like” votes on the uploaded picture to the Geoff Bernstein Photography Facebook Fan page.
3. . “Like” votes of the families pictures from Facebook members who are not fans or have not added Geoff Bernstein Photography in the liked pages or fan page on Facebook are not eligible. Comments do not count as votes – ONLY “likes”.
4. The entry with the most valid “like” votes wins. In the event of a tie, the sponsors will choose the winner based on most original story.
5. Only the likes on the Geoff Bernstein Photography picture page will count, not any news feed repost or picture uploaded in any other area.
• Winner: 2 hour family portrait session by Geoff Bernstein Photography and a CD with images.
1. Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
2. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and votes received.
3. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash value and is non-transferable.
1. Winners will be notified by e-mail. The contest sponsors reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
2. By participating in the contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the contest sponsors, and their employees and agents, their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize.
3. By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture date storage) the contest sponsors may deem appropriate.
4. For a list of prize winners, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or check our blog at www.gbmemories.com/blog orFacebook page after August 15, 2012 6:00PM (EST).
1. The conduct of the contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America and State of Maryland, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The contest sponsors shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc., as required by local and state law.
2. The contest sponsors are not liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
3. By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of contest sponsor personnel. The contest sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The contest sponsors will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and contest sponsor decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the contest sponsors, the contest sponsors reserve the right to terminate this contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the contest sponsors deem appropriate. All decisions will be made by the contest sponsors and are final. The contest sponsors may waive any of these rules in their sole discretion.
4. The contest sponsors reserve the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By submitting an email entry, each entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns (“entrant”) thereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue the same day edit contest, its sponsors, subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns (“Free Family Portrait Session”), of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which entrant may have or hereafter have against the same day edit Contest by reason of any injuries or damages entrant may sustain, whether to entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein. Entrant waives and forego the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Geoff Bernstein Photography from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by me of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.